Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance)
Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (BAF) is a 3-year self-financing degree course spread across six semesters i.e. two semesters a year, focusing on the domains of Accounting and Finance. It will aid in the process of acquiring knowledge in the areas of Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Economics, Business Law, Business Communications and IT.
- Broader insight into the financial aspects of business and management.
- Workshops and Seminars
- Short term course on Research Methodology
- Experienced visiting & In house faculties
- Preparation for professional career
- Industrial Visits
- Case study method, Project work and classroom discussions are the main pedagogical tools
- Emphasis on the development of soft skills such as communication, leadership, teamwork, creativity and academic and creative writing.
- Preparing students for State, National and International Competitions.
- Well Equipped Classrooms with ICT and Internet Facility in every areas.
| Course Structure
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Accounting & Finance(BAF) Degree course shall have passed XII std. examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate at first attempt (40% in case of reserved category).
Every candidate seeking admission to the degree Course shall have to register himself/herself with the University of Mumbai. Candidates can fill the Mumbai University application form either in online mode for admission to the Degree course. A list of documents which are required to be submitted at the time of admission is mentioned below:
- Class 10th Certificate with its mark sheet
- Class 12th Certificate with its mark sheet
- Leaving Certificate
- Date of birth certificate (If available)
- Transfer Certificate from last studied institute
- Migration certificate(Other State University)
- Valid Identification Proof- Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Pan Card, Passport, etc
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate (If Applicable)
- Recent Colored Photograph
|Scheme of the Examination
The Scheme of the Examination shall be divided in two parts:
1. Internal Assessment – 25 Marks
a) One class tests of 20 marks to be held in the given semester.
b) 5 marks for Class Participation and Attendance.
2. Semester End Examination – 75 Marks
There are various career options available with the person after completing the BAF which includes becoming auditor, accountant, export or import manager, tax consultant, stockbroker, Financial Risk Manager or else the person can go for further studies like completing course of Financial Risk Manager, MBA (Finance), Chartered Finance Analyst (CFA), etc.
|Training, Placement and Entrepreneurship Cell
Welcome to the Training and Placement Cell of Commerce and Management Department. The Placement Cell endeavors to become a link between the students and companies by building up their capacity and networking with Industries. Department of Commerce and Management we always believe in providing our students with the right talent and personality to face the industry requirements. Our focus is on developing new approaches to attract the best from industry to our campus. The department makes continuous efforts to identify needs of industries and students are trained accordingly to satisfy these needs to the maximum possible extent.
- To become a link between students and industry
- To provide equal employment opportunities for all the students.
- To ensure sustainable employment for all our students
Placement cell regularly conducting following activities:
- Industrial Visit
- Guest lectures by experts from industry, Research and Academic Institutes.
- Career Guidance
- Personality Development and Skill Enhancement Classes
- Seminars and Workshops
- Aptitude test training
- Mock tests and interviews
Dr. Rupali Jadhav (Head, Dept. of Commerce and Management)
Ms. Sunera Memon (Counselor)
Contact No. : 8422882284
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org