BACHELOR OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) offers advanced studies in the field of management that are necessary to run an organization efficiently. It is a three year full time course divided into six semesters, introduced by University of Mumbai. In these six semesters, students study a wide variety of subjects such as Finance, Management, Managerial Economics, Research, Production and quality management, Marketing and Brand management etc.
It is a known fact that managers are multi-skilled persons with perfection and here we groom them so as to accept and face the business world challenges.
- Affiliated to University of Mumbai.
- NAAC Affiliated, UGC and AICTE Approved
- Vast knowledge of the changing world of management, new business techniques, entrepreneurship, trading, finance, stock and risk analysis.
- Short term course on Research Methodology
- Highly Experienced and Trained Faculties.
- Seminars/ Webinars/Workshops/Conferences/Industrial Visits/Guest Lectures/ Inter and Intra state Competitions arranged for students.
- Practical learning experience
- Case study method, Project work and classroom discussions are the main pedagogical tools
- Emphasis on the development of soft skills such as communication, leadership, teamwork, creativity and academic and creative writing.
- Preparing students for State, National and International Competitions.
- Well Equipped Classrooms with ICT and Internet Facility in every areas.
| Course Structure
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) Degree course shall have passed XII std. examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate at first attempt (40% in case of reserved category).
Every candidate seeking admission to the degree Course shall have to register himself/herself with the University of Mumbai. Candidates can fill the Mumbai University application form either in online mode for admission to the Degree course. A list of documents which are required to be submitted at the time of admission is mentioned below:
- Class 10th Certificate with its mark sheet
- Class 12th Certificate with its mark sheet
- Leaving Certificate
- Date of birth certificate (If available)
- Transfer Certificate from last studied institute
- Migration certificate(Other State University)
- Valid Identification Proof- Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Pan Card, Passport, etc
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate (If Applicable)
- Recent Colored Photograph
|Scheme of Examination
The Scheme of the Examination shall be divided in two parts:
1. Internal Assessment – 25 Marks
a) One class tests of 20 marks to be held in the given semester.
b) 5 marks for Class Participation and Attendance.
2. Semester End Examination – 75 Marks
The management fields demands a students to have certain skills to manage different types of work. These skills are inculcated among students throughout the three years degree degree course. Various Webinars, Seminars, Workshops, Guest lectures are provided for developing these skills. Interested students can go for higher studies and pursue master’s degree - ideally an MBA to further advance in their career. The course provides students with an adequate understanding of management, making them fit for jobs in the areas such as Academic Institutions, Marketing & Sales, Finance & Retail, & Consulting etc. Here’s a list of popular job roles for students with BMS degree:
- HR Executive
- Quality Manager
- Business Development Executive
- Assistant Manager
|Training, Placement and Entrepreneurship Cell
Welcome to the Training and Placement Cell of Commerce and Management Department. The Placement Cell endeavors to become a link between the students and companies by building up their capacity and networking with Industries. Department of Commerce and Management we always believe in providing our students with the right talent and personality to face the industry requirements. Our focus is on developing new approaches to attract the best from industry to our campus. The department makes continuous efforts to identify needs of industries and students are trained accordingly to satisfy these needs to the maximum possible extent.
- To become a link between students and industry
- To provide equal employment opportunities for all the students.
- To ensure sustainable employment for all our students
Placement cell regularly conducting following activities:
- Industrial Visit
- Guest lectures by experts from industry, Research and Academic Institutes.
- Career Guidance
- Personality Development and Skill Enhancement Classes
- Seminars and Workshops
- Aptitude test training
- Mock tests and interviews
Dr. Rupali Jadhav (Head, Dept. of Commerce and Management)
Ms. Sunera Memon (Counselor)
Contact No. : 8422882284